MT “AMADEO” (ex “REA”) came to Constanta Shipyard on November 2006 for conversion works from single hull to double hull / double bottom, in accordance with the new MARPOL regulations for oil tankers, by adding a longitudinal bulkhead, top plating and their associated structure.
The vessel was re-delivered to the Owners in July 2007, upon completion of conversion and repairs works, which finally ended up to the following quantities:
- conversion steel : about 1,300 tons;
- steel renewals : about 197 Tons;
- blasting and painting : about 43,000 sqm;
- pipe works : about 6,000 r.m. ;
- extensive mechanical works, including repairs and up-grading of existing equipments and machinery.
Being a conversion project, upon completion of works, as a request of Class an Inclining Test has been performed, the results being to the satisfaction of Owner and Class.